The strategic scope of ERMA entails the identification of investment cases to build capacities across raw materials value chains, from mining to recovery and product design for a circular economy. ERMA will achieve its objectives through two workstreams:
1. Value chain-specific consultation processes:
- Respond to raw material challenges along industrial ecosystems through clusters¹
- Unlock regulatory bottlenecks and facilitate industry investment
- Promote stakeholders’ commitment through an open processto recovery and product design for a circular economy.
2. Investment channel for raw materials projects:
- Select and prioritize investment cases inside and outside Europe
- Establish a Raw Materials Investment Platform (RMIP)
- Define case-specific financing strategies and mechanisms
Investment channel for raw materials projects
EIT RawMaterials has set up an agile and fast process to bring raw materials projects into an investment channel, review and approve them to secure the most suitable financing options:
What makes ERMA a unique platform for investment opportunities?
- a unique network of organizations across the raw materials value chain consisting to date of 130+ companies, 50+ associations, 20+ universities and research organizations, next to several financial institutions, national authorities, ministries and NGOs in Europe and beyond.
- a consultation process to pre-align with public stakeholders on preliminary investment themes and cases in order to create buy-in and identify critical bottlenecks such as regulations, permits or operating licenses.
- technical and market intelligence supporting a high investment attractiveness of cases based on their strategic relevance, impact and financial metrics provided by our highly skilled team.
- investment matchmaking through the RawMaterials Investment Platform (RMIP) to ensure high investment success rates. Various financing sources (grant, equity, loan, mixed) will be part of this process, with individual investment volumes and structures.
Examples of investment opportunities
Example 1: Rare earths magnet and motors
Example 2: Materials for energy storage and conversion
How to join ERMA
ERMA welcomes all industrial and non-industrial stakeholders, including NGOs, trade unions, national governments, regions, European as well as non-European, that commit to developing sustainable raw material value chains for Europe, and to building resilience, competitiveness and skills.
To join the alliance, please visit erma.eu and submit the online application. Participation is open to all stakeholders and is free of charge. Services as outlined above will be charged on an individual basis.
How to submit an investment proposal
The investment proposals can be submitted at any time through the dedicated online form. For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. All correspondence and interactions with EIT RawMaterials are treated strictly confidential. An NDA can be closed at any time.